[impdev] bugs in the logout feature

Adric R hakushakukun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 22:13:59 PDT 2009

Woo! Crash #2 seems to be fixed :) Unfortunately, the fix results in another
issue with edit appearance, as well as another crash (which, what the hell,
let's call Crash #3):

- Login to opensim
- Logout, log back into opensim again
* Observe: "Edit appearance" option is now grayed out (and stays that way
until you quit).
- Open inventory
- Right click jacket
- Select edit
- Crash while trying to get avatar's sex: http://pastebin.com/f41e9a66a

Note that editing clothing this way works fine before a logout.

Seems like there are two issues here:
- Appearance-related stuff isn't reloading after a logout (if you log back
into Second Life, your clothing folder is empty as well as Edit appearance
being grayed out).
- The inventory's edit menu option needs to be fixed, as editing appearance
when you shouldn't can crash you, but only on opensim. Couldn't get the
crash to happen on Second Life's Agni grid (when I created a new jacket in
my empty clothing folder, editing it failed). Hopefully fixing the former'll
fix this one too.

BTW, see my comment on github about the advanced menu issue? Can always go
back to hardcoding the Advanced shortcut if we have to. Didn't realize it
was different under linux.

-- MC

--
"Work is love made visible." — Kahlil Gibran

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear
into an age of unreason if we dig deep in our history and doctrine and
remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared
to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were for the
moment unpopular. We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot
escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of the
Republic to abdicate his responsibility." -- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954