[impdev] Linux 64 bit build of mccabe/weekly

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:52:57 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Nicky Perian <nickyperian at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. with a fresh repo 11/7~20:00 UTC develop.py --standalone can't find al.h
> from OPENAL.cmake.

Imho this means that you don't have pkg-config installed:

apt-get install pkg-config

>From indra/cmake/OPENAL.cmake:

# If STANDALONE but NOT PKG_CONFIG_FOUND we should fail,
# but why try to find it as prebuilt?

That is actually a typo... it should be: "but why not try to find it
as a prebuilt?".

Thus, because you don't have pkg-config, it attempts to "recover" from
a fatal error by trying to use the prebuilt.

> 2.  develop.py (non-standalone) and pulled non-standalone libraries.
> 3.  develop.py --standalone completes.

See above.

> make of the above config -- appears to be looking for a joystick as a
> default

It doesn't. The configuration step checks if ndofdev_external.h exists,
and if it does, it prints that. Otherwise it skips support for NDOF.

For example, if you have it installed:

-- Found NDOF: Library in '/usr/lib/libndofdev.so' and header in '/usr/include'

And when you don't have it installed, it will print instead:

-- Building without N-DoF joystick support

>  [ 45%] Building CXX object newview/CMakeFiles/imprudence-bin.dir/llagent.o
> In file included from
> /home/bill/weekly-wip/linden/indra/newview/llagent.cpp:136:
> /home/bill/weekly-wip/linden/indra/newview/llviewerjoystick.h:39:30: error:
> ndofdev_external.h: No such file or directory

Clearly LIB_NDOF is defined if you get here.
So, if you really have a clean mccabe/weekly then it did find
ndofdev_external.h.
I tested it and it works fine for me, with or without ndofdev installed.