[impdev] Issue tracker target version

Jacek Antonelli jacek at kokuaviewer.org
Fri Apr 29 00:08:00 PDT 2011

As discussed in the meetup [1], there are many issues on the tracker
that have been set to "Target version: 1.4.0" without ever being
reviewed by a developer [2]. As I mentioned at the meetup, the "Target
version" field is meant to be used by the team for scheduling which
version a bug will be fixed or feature implemented. I'll be applying a
Redmine patch that will let us control who can set the target version,
but in the meantime we need to organize the current clutter.

  [1] Meetup transcript (start at 13:44):
http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/ImpDev_Meetups/2011-04-28
  [2] Open "1.4.0" issues:
http://redmine.kokuaviewer.org/projects/imprudence/issues?set_filter=1&fixed_version_id=11&status_id=o

I have created three new target versions: "1.4.0 beta 1", "1.4.0 beta
2", and "1.4.0 RC1". I would really really really appreciate it if
McCabe, Armin, and perhaps Thickbrick could help go through the open
"1.4.0" issues, find the issues that we actually *do* plan to do in
1.4.0, and change their target version to any of those three new
targets, depending on when you think it will/should be done. For
issues that you aren't sure about, just leave them as "1.4.0" and I'll
deal with them one way or another.

Thanks,

 - Jacek

P.S. There is an easy way to change multiple issues at once:

  1. While viewing the issues list, check the boxes for all the issues
you want to change.
  2. Right-click on one of the checked checkboxes (actually, it could
be anywhere on one of the highlighted issues, except for links).
  3. A menu will pop up; use it to select the new target version.