[impdev] What to do with the forums?

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 12 03:14:20 PDT 2011

When evolving resources online, always add, don't modify or it breaks
things.

If any of the current forums are archived other than by simply making them
read-only, all links to past content will break.  The forums are a good
resource going way back, and inevitably bookmarks to informative posts have
accumulated for many users over the years.

Linden Lab made that mistake too.  Half a decade's worth of great material
totally lost as their "archived forums" have broken all past content links.
We sort of expect Lindens not to think ahead and so to break stuff, but we
shouldn't repeat their mistakes.

Morgaine.