[impdev] What to do with the forums?

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:54:49 PDT 2011

Sounds reasonable to me, Jacek.  I was fearing we could lose the Impy
community in a large upheaval, but this change seems quite innocuous. :P

It was never very obvious what the current "Viewer" forum was for, because
all of the other forums except "Off-Topic" are about the viewer too, so that
was an odd choice of name.  Your "Idea Nursery" is at least unambiguous,
presumably being the same thing as the traditional forum name "Feature
Suggestions".  Definitely clearer than "Viewer".

"Problems and Troubleshooting" becomes "Troubleshooting" --- neutral change,
that'll do.

Archiving "Development" and "Project" without breaking links sounds fine if
devs don't like working through the forum.  It won't affect non-devs, and
might actually be a small blessing by reducing the total number of places
one needs to look.

And leaving "General" as the catch-all forum is highly reasonable.

+1 I'd say.

Morgaine.