[impdev] Windows build issues

Adric R hakushakukun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 02:45:53 PDT 2011

>From the build log you posted:

-- Version of viewer is 1.4.0-Experimental-2011.04.02

so that answers that :)

Just so we're on the same page, the viewer runs from Visual Studio but not
after being installed with an installer, or does it fail to run in the
debugger too? Because if it's the former, probably a .config file needs to
be altered. If it's the latter, I seem to recall seeing a workaround for it
on MSDN, but it's pretty late and I can't remember what search terms to use
off the top of my head. Only one version of the manfiest should be embedded,
though.

Also, ISS is shorthand for Inno Setup, which you can download here:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php I tend to think it creates more user
friendly installers than NSIS, although it takes more work to customize.
It's a personal preference, really, there.

Sorry for the late and slap-dash reply. I haven't had much time for
viewer-related things these past couple of days!

-- MC

--
"Work is love made visible." — Kahlil Gibran

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear
into an age of unreason if we dig deep in our history and doctrine and
remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared
to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were for the
moment unpopular. We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot
escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of the
Republic to abdicate his responsibility." -- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954