[impdev] Windows build issues

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:49:26 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:46:27 -0700 chris-tuchs at hushmail.com wrote:

> Future plans:
>
> This weekend, should my day job permit (big demo on Monday, ugh!)
> I'll try the new installer-builder.  I'll read up on submitting
> patches to the mainline Impy.  I am very excited to see the OTR
> feature being welcomed!  Right now my big concern is I can't build
> or test on Mac.

One of our grid citizens has made a Mac version, and mentioned it in
the meta 7 forums.  Dunno if they used the libotr branch though.

> If things go well, then the next weekend to get OTR building and
> running on windows.  The week after than to get a clean patch that
> applies and works with mainline (linux and windows).  Maybe another
> week to cross merge the GUI changes that I know Onefang/David wants
> to make.

I've mostly got those UI changes done.  Pushed some up earlier today,
will push the others up very soon.

> (I personally want to add a "till I log out, stop doing OTR with this
> one avy" option in the private IM window OTR pulldown.")  So if
> things go well, about a month before it's on 'the powers that be in
> impy-space' for taking it live.

Perhaps we don't need to polish it that much before we can send it
upstream?  It's mostly working, we have both been using it with others,
most of these others using other viewers.