[impdev] Propose creating "Website" issue tracker project

Jacek Antonelli jacek at kokuaviewer.org
Sun Mar 20 14:25:46 PDT 2011

A while back, we created the "Wiki" tracker on Redmine (it's one of
four trackers now: Bug, Feature, Wiki, Task), which exists for both
"Imprudence Viewer" and "Kokua Viewer" projects. That tracker was
created in response to a request from someone interested in working on
the wiki; they wanted a place to request that someone on the team
review a wiki change for accuracy. But, the person who requested it
never actually used it. In fact, it has only had 4 issues across both
Imprudence and Kokua projects: #520, #785, #792, and #805.

Meanwhile, we also have the "Website (Blog, Forums, etc.)" category in
the Imprudence Viewer project, and the "Website" category in the Kokua
Viewer project. And the "Task" tracker (in either Imprudence or Kokua
projects) is sometimes used for wiki or website related tasks. All
these are redundant with each other, and website-related issues don't
really fit into either "Imprudence Viewer" or "Kokua Viewer" projects,
since the website is broader and separate from the viewers.

So, what I'm planning to do is to create a new project called
"Website", which will be used for issues related to all parts of the
website: wiki, blog, forums, issue tracker, and so on. Some examples
of how it could be used: telling us when part of the website is
down/broken (except the issue tracker itself, of course); requesting
plugins or extensions be installed; reporting errors on protected wiki
pages; requesting someone look at or improve a wiki page; and so on.

I would move all the issues from the Wiki trackers and the "Website"
categories to the new project, then delete those trackers/categories.
The issue numbers and links for all the issues will stay the same, so
there wouldn't be very much disruption from moving them.

Any objections to this plan, or suggestions/alternatives?

- Jacek