[impdev] dev builds on windows

Adric R hakushakukun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:32:14 PDT 2011

Nicky, there's no point, currently. We switched over to the 1.43 version of
boost for 1.4, and I haven't had a chance to clean out the archive yet.

Are you building 03.11? And is the GStreamer plugin compiling and linking
okay? (It'll also generate a log file--currently in your newview folder--to
help debug streaming audio issues.) For streaming media, you need to have
the Quicktime SDK installed and your PATH refreshed before you run
develop.py. We really need to go through and rewrite the Windows compile
instructions for 1.4, prolly on a separate wiki page.

-- MC

--
"Work is love made visible." — Kahlil Gibran

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear
into an age of unreason if we dig deep in our history and doctrine and
remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared
to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were for the
moment unpopular. We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot
escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of the
Republic to abdicate his responsibility." -- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954