[impdev] Propose creating "Website" issue tracker project

Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte) borun at kokuaviewer.org
Sun Mar 20 16:18:17 PDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 10:25 PM, Jacek Antonelli wrote:
> So, what I'm planning to do is to create a new project called
> "Website",
I see this already happened
<http://redmine.kokuaviewer.org/projects/website>. :-)

>  which will be used for issues related to all parts of the
> website: wiki, blog, forums, issue tracker, and so on. Some examples
> of how it could be used: telling us when part of the website is
> down/broken (except the issue tracker itself, of course); requesting
> plugins or extensions be installed; reporting errors on protected wiki
> pages; requesting someone look at or improve a wiki page; and so on.
>
> I would move all the issues from the Wiki trackers and the "Website"
> categories to the new project, then delete those trackers/categories.
> The issue numbers and links for all the issues will stay the same, so
> there wouldn't be very much disruption from moving them.
Sounds good and makes sense.

> Any objections to this plan, or suggestions/alternatives?
The "Website" project currently only has the tracker "Task". I guess
that might not fit every website issue, but I'm also not sure what other
trackers would be needed. So it's maybe best to leave it at this for
now, and add other trackers when the need for them occurs.

One question we should consider is whether we want a catch-all project
on redmine for everything that isn't viewer development but that might
still have "issues" we want to track (e.g. a bug in the mailing list or
a task to design impru-branded merchandise). Such a project (maybe named
"misc.") could either be in addition or instead of the suggested
"Website" project.

Cheers,
Borun