[impdev] Are we able to redistribute recompiled imprudence-bin.exe?

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:54:45 PDT 2011

Fumi, the viewer is open source, LGPL-licensed, and therefore you are free
by the terms of the license to distribute the binaries and sources to your
heart's content.

Supplying LL with details is required only if you wish to appear on the TPV
Directory, and that's completely separate from your LGPL rights for
distribution.  You can distribute the viewer freely without appearing on
that list.

It could be no other way.  Just imagine if every distro that compiled up
the viewer against their libraries had to register with LL --- obviously
that would not work, nor be in the spirit of open source.

Morgaine.