[impdev] OpenSim removes the 6 month viewer contribution barrier in favour of Contribution Agreements

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:48:03 PDT 2011

Well done, Justin.  :-)

It's been a long road, with no shortage of people opposed to change on the
sidewalks, so it's wonderful to hear that you've finally accomplished what
so badly needed doing.

Now comes the interesting work!  After so many years of having to follow in
Linden footsteps because of constraints in Linden-derived viewers which you
could not modify yourselves, you are now free to go where you wish to go, at
the faster pace of open development, using more scalable sim-viewer
protocols, and no longer tied to the tracks of LL's business direction.

Happy Independence Day! :-)

Morgaine.