[impdev] Linux 32 bit Experiemental

John Sheridan john at pseudospace.net
Thu Apr 26 12:14:00 PDT 2012

I couldn't get it to upload a mesh, probably because my avatar on LL's
beta grid looks to be about a year behind my live one (way before I took
their mesh quiz).  But other than that, I'm impressed!  For the past few
months I've been having to use LL's stock viewer to upload mesh and a
rival third party viewer for normal operation, and both have been
running horribly.

I'm on a 64 bit quad core i7 (2ghz) with a dual card nvidia SLI setup, 8
gigs / ram running Ubuntu 11.10 / XFCE desktop. Other Viewer 2+
derivatives have literally been pinning my cpu at anywhere between 120
and 200% even on an empty sim.  Most of the time they bog my system down
so badly that even if I need to do a simple Google search I need to log
out of SL in order to regain enough resources just to open Firefox.  I
don't know what you guys did or how you compiled this one but WOW!  It
runs great!  In world movement - even on a crowded sim is perfect, my
cpu / gpu fans aren't chugging away at top speed, and I can actually run
Kokua along with Firefox, Thunderbird, _AND_ my Windows VM without
having to wait 20 seconds just to flip between windows.  :D

*Bows to your most awesomely amazing awesomeness of awesomnimity!*  :)

  - Orion Fhang