[impdev] Move artwork into the repo?

Borun borun at kokuaviewer.org
Tue Feb 28 04:23:32 PST 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:23:26 +1000, David Seikel wrote:

> I've
suggested on the issue tracker to move the artwork into the repo. I
can't see any reason why not to, but I have seen old issues where stuff
was moved in the other direction. So I thought I would ask.

LL's Second
Life Viewer has had the artwork in the source tree for some while now. I
don't see why Impy can't do the same, so go ahead. The reason why the
Second Life Viewer originally had the artwork in separate bundles was
not a technical one, but the idea to keep the source repository under a
single license. (The artwork is licenced differently from the source,
even today.)

> I've suggested on the issue tracker to move the artwork
into the repo. I can't see any reason why not to, but I have seen old
issues where stuff was moved in the other direction. So I thought I
would ask.

Impy shouldn't depend on the SL logo, so removing these
files should be fine. Even better, if we do depend on these files,
removing them will hopefully show us where, so that we can remove those
dependencies.

Cheers,
Borun