[impdev] mac build trials

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 07:03:10 PST 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:10:25 +0100 Kentron <kentron at kokuaviewer.org>
wrote:

> Hello Impy-imprudentists:)
>
> I was testing if code compiles on mac OsX 10.6. Current imprudence
> code went well without issues!!!
>
> Then I've tried meta-impy and it went well but just before the end
> (I've attached part of log file)
>
> Processing RelWithDebInfo/meta-impy.app =>  ... 2 files
>
> Processing packaging/mac/Info.plist => Info.plist ... 1 files
>
> Processing libndofdev.dylib => None ... 1 files
>
> Processing libhunspell-1.2.dylib => None ... 1 files
>
> Processing libopenal.1.dylib => None ... 1 files
>
> Processing libalut.0.dylib => None ... 1 files
>
> Processing libotr.dylib => None ... Traceback (most recent call last):

A friend of mine has been working on a Mac version of meta-impy for
some time, but not really putting much time into it, so he's not
progressed much further than that.

It's OTR, though it might be one of it's dependencies.  Looks like it's
not being built, it's not supposed to be a prebuilt.  That error seems
to imply it's searching for a pre built libOTR.  The OTR parts check
for Windows, and does things differently, but otherwise assume it's
some sort of unix system.

So I think the real problem is in an earlier part of your log.  Is it
trying to build libotr, and it's dependencies libgcrypt and
libpgp-error?

At any rate, sorting out meta-impy issues is not for the Imprudence
devs to worry about, best take this to my site.