[impdev] Can't post to Mailing list

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 10:38:52 PST 2013

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:07:17 +0100 Boroondas Gupte <boroon at dasgupta.ch>
wrote:

> On 17.11.2013 12:29, David Seikel wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:00:03 +0100 Kokua meetup reminder
> > <borun at kokuaviewer.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Aloha!
> >>
> >> This is the reminder for the monthly weekend "team
> >> purple" (kokua-dev & impdev) meetup tomorrow, 2013-11-17.
> >>
> >> [...]
> > The only agenda item at the moment is the SourceForge migration.
> >
> > I think that the wiki at http://team-purple.sourceforge.net/wiki/ is
> > ready to go live, but I'd like to see some others poke at it with
> > their testing sticks please.  Hopefully before the meeting and we
> > can declare it ready at the meeting.  Just throw random test data
> > at it, it will all get wiped when it gets refreshed from the old
> > wiki.
> >
> > After it passes testing, we just need to change the DNS entries to
> > point to it, and refresh the data from the old one.
> The http://team-purple.sourceforge.net/transcript/ workflow seems to
> work alright. :-)

Yep, I've used it a few times to post actual meeting minutes as tests.

> (The automatic linking to transcript of next/previous meetup is
> missing, but that isn't a showstopper.)

The linking was mentioned on the planning wiki, and we discussed it at a
previous meeting.  The plugin it relies on was not working, and most of
us didn't even know it was there until I figured out it was broken.  So
yes, not a show stopper, we decided to simply remove it.

> As I'd expect that to be the most fragile process we do on the wiki,
> I'll just assume the rest works flawlessly, too. :-P

Uploading files turned out to be surprisingly fragile and hard to sort
out.  Let's hope there's nothing else fragile and hard to fix lurking.