[impdev] official contact person

Kadah kadah.coba at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:00:30 PST 2011

I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than its really is;
all Oz needs is something like an admin at imprudenceviewer.org that goes
to at least one person that has authority and will respond in cases
that require it. I believe this is also the address he uses for
setting the crash stats too and other TPVD related information, so it
would likely be of benefit to your team to setup a group email address
so there is one constant contact address that's project wide and not
reliant on a single members personal email address, which is what it
sounds like Imp has now [imo, that's contra to the open development
team ideal].

On 11/8/2011 12:31 AM, Morgaine wrote:
> It's an open source project, a viewer developed by an open source
> team, not by one controlling person.  Why would any one person need
> to be nominated as special, and made the burden of contact and
> responsibility?
>
> Should "any issue need to be addressed", it seems to me that it
> would be very reasonable to address the issue to the team, don't
> you think?
>
> You know how open source works, Oz.  As the representative of open
> source within the Lab, perhaps you can explain it to those people
> who don't understand it internally and are trying to impose
> inappropriate hierarchical structure on third parties.
>

> Morgaine.

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)
> <oz at lindenlab.com <mailto:oz at lindenlab.com>> wrote:
>
> On Nov 6, 2011, at 12:59, "Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte)"
> <borun at kokuaviewer.org <mailto:borun at kokuaviewer.org>> wrote:
>
>> What kind of contact person do you need? Technical, legal,
>> administrative, other? And have we appointed such a contact
>> person in the past (I see Jacek's still listed on our TPVd entry
>> <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory/Imprudence>.)

or has that position been vacant forever?